Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Literacy Projects

For my literacy project I decided to have my students create a story on Storybird. The idea I had was for them to create a story with a problem and solution. The students loved using Storybird, however it was difficult for them to type. The project has taken longer than I expected but I did have my whole class work on it and we only get to work in the computer lab for 35 minutes once a week. Fortunately, I had a great aide that was able to help some of my students, which helped a lot. Some of my students have yet to publish their stories because they are fixing errors. Most of my students did finish, however they had trouble with coming up with a problem and solution due to the illustrations they picked. So some of my students do not have the problem and solution. If I could change something it would be to ask my students to write a story with a beginning, middle and end. Below are some examples of my students work. Some with problem and solution, some without and some that are differentiated. They are from all different levels. Hope you like them. Some of my students have started a second story. I hope that they will be able to add more details and extend their stories.

Fox and Friends on Storybird Monkey and Ape on Storybird The Glowing Christmas Tree on Storybird Playing Soccer on Storybird The Girl on Storybird

2 comments:

  1. YOur friends worked so hard. It must feel good for you and them to accomplish this task. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taini, your students did a beautiful job! I am sure they are very proud of their stories!!

    ReplyDelete