Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Webquests

In my undergrad, we talked about web quests and I actually created one for math. Unfortunately, I do not know where I saved it to. In the classroom now as a teacher, unfortunately I cannot say I have used them a lot or created any. WebQuests are inquiry based activities. All the information the students learn come from internet resources. Usually the web quests take longer than one class period. Teachers include worksheets in the web quests to be completed as their working ("the tasks"). WebQuests can be done individually or as partners. This can be an extension to something students have learned or it can be the introduction to something they will learn. You can use web quests in my different ways. Here is a website where you can find example of WebQuests. Unfortunately, not all the WebQuests work but they are good examples for levels K-12. I hope to be able to do a WebQuest with my class. I would just have to make sure the computer lab is available since I do not have computers in my classroom.

Have you used WebQuests in your classrooms? Did the students enjoy it? What subject did you do it on?

No comments:

Post a Comment