Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Wikis

Wikis are new to me because I haven't really seen one in action. In the link example of Educational Wikis I found a great example of a second grade class using a wiki. I really like it but how much time does it take to maintain it? Also, do the students help insert their work? This Wiki hasn't been updated in 11 months but it is a good example of what we can do with a Wiki. Here is the Wiki I was talking about:

http://mrsanderson10.pbworks.com/w/page/33263525/FrontPage


3 comments:

  1. Good example of a Wiki. I loved the owlet poems and the student expressions when they read. The page seemed busy to me at first but once I got used to it is seemed easier to navigate.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get to go to that specific wiki page but if you want to check mine out go to http://coates103wikispaces.com. See what you think. Since my students are so young I use it for the parents to communicate and check out what is happening in the classroom. I am not really use to it since I have been only doing it for this year. I hope to learn more so that I can revamp it for next year. tell me what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your wiki because it is a nice way to communicate with the parents. The only thing I saw that I wondered is that the parents email and phone numbers are available for public to see. Is there a way to make that page private, that only you and the parents can see? Do you know?

    ReplyDelete