Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Using Web 2.0 Tools in Class

Tomorrow in class we are going to talk about Spectacular Sights in America as an ending to our theme about exploring for this week. We are going to pretend to take a trip on a plane and visit The White House, The Statue of Liberty, The Grand Canyon, Yellow Stone National Park and The Gateway Arch. I have a Smartboard Lesson to go with it and I decided to create a quick video in Goanimate to hook the students and an Animoto for when we are done with the lesson. The Animoto will be like if we are on the airplane taking the trip. What do you think of these ideas? If there is anything I can change please let me know. I am trying to incorporate as much technology in my classroom as I can.

Here is the Goanimate Video:

GoAnimate.com: Hook to Spectacular Sights in America by lopezt410

Like it? Create your own at GoAnimate.com. It's free and fun!

Here is the Animoto Video:



In the Animoto, as you will see some places have more pictures than others. The reason being it was hard to find photos I could use that were not copyrighted. Most of my pictures came from EveryPhotoStock and some from Flickr.

I hope my students enjoy it.


NETs for Teachers: 1, 2, and 3

6 comments:

  1. Very cool! Students are going to be thrilled. We're starting a chapter on China at the end of the week. Do you think a similar Animoto will work? I was hoping to have a couple of students put it together. It would be an accommodation for them as well as fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The students loved it! It was so much fun! I think an animoto would definitely work! Having the students put it together is a great idea. Let me know how it works out. I really liked Everyphotostock and Flickr as a great resource for images because you were able to see which photos were copyrighted and which you were able to use. Good luck! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taini, I love your GoAnimate to start off. It will definitely hook your students! Beautiful images to show the "Spectacular Sights of America".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this animoto! What a great way to share sites throughout the US that students probably haven't seen. It was very engaging and I'm sure the students loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your GoAnimate as a hook. It is so much better than giving directions orally. I wish I could go on the trip with you guys. It looked so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved how you hooked the students with the Go Animate. What a great way for students to get to travel virtually to place they may never see personally.

    ReplyDelete